Saturday, July 11, 2015

Even Cornier...

Yeah, I know I just posted about growing corn. But, what happens when the corn you have grown is ready? Duh, you eat it! 
And here is my most favorite way to cook/eat it!
 After you pick it, just throw it in your oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
 When it is finished cooking, the corn looks a little crispy and brown around the edges.
 But as soon as you shuck it, it's ready to eat!
Nom, nom, nom...

This way also works great when putting up corn in the freezer! Just cut the cooking time down to 10 minutes, shuck the corn (which is soooo easy this way), and freeze! Easy peasy!

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try corn this way. My past favorites have been microwaved or boiled with a bit of pineapple juice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing. We usually boil it: I've never thought about cooking it in the oven - sounds like it's be incredible roasted in silver foil with oil and Cajun spices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting, in Africa we boil it!

    ReplyDelete