Monday, September 22, 2014

Reed's 3rd Birthday!

I better get all these summer blogs out of the way before it gets harvest season!
So, July 31st Reed turned 3!
 Reed had a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Party!
 I made these cute Mickey shirts for favors! I found the shirts on sale at Hobby Lobby, bought some black fabric spray paint with a coupon, traced a Mickey outline on some contact paper, stuck it to the shirt, and sprayed around it! Cheap, easy, and awesome!
 I put the shirts in red bags with round white stickers to look like Mickey's pants.
 
 What would a Mickey party be without Mickey shaped things? I cut out Mickey shaped watermelon, and used a melon baller to make round cantaloupe (no way were those gonna be Mickey shaped, haha!), both of which we grew in our garden!
 Mickey shaped cheese
Mickey shaped rice krispie treats with chocolate and white chocolate drizzled over it, sprinkled with mini M&Ms.

 Mickey shaped chicken nuggets! I was so excited to find these! Apparently you can only buy them at Costco. Thankfully, my father in law has a membership!
 We also had a taco bar with all the fixings!
 I make a big jug of strawberry lemonade for every party.
All the drinks went in a baby pool.

Mickey cupcakes! 
 The Mickey ears were Oreos!
 Reed loved it!
 He also loved his new gift from us!
 And the gifts from everyone else too!
 It was a fun day to just hang out with friends.
But what birthday party on the farm is complete without a ride on a tractor for all your friends?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, don't feel like its been 3 years.
    Happy Birthday little fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we only had a piñata at our kids parties! :D Your food creations are lovely. I'll bet the kids had a blast along with their parents. 3 is a great age!

    ReplyDelete